Ilias V. Spyropoulos, Senior Associate
Ilias V. Spyropoulos was born in Athens in 1984.
He graduated from the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, from which he also obtained his LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure. He then received his Ph.D. in Criminal Law from the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich in the field of medical negligence.
He has been a member of the Athens Bar Association and of the Munich Bar Association since 2011.
He is a senior associate at the firm and has been involved in numerous cases, predominantly related to fraud, breach of trust, bribery, money laundering, extradition and mutual legal assistance. He is also active in the field of criminal internal investigations.
Ilias has published several articles in legal journals. The full list of his publications is available at the following link: https://www.namiaslaw.gr/en/dim-ilias-spiropoulos/
He is fluent in English and German and conversational in French.
LinkedIn URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ilias-spyropoulos-550509201
- Medically assisted reproduction II, Art. 26 Law 3305/2005, Attempt-Assistance-Competition-Comparative Analysis in: Pavlou/Samios, Supplementary penal provisions, 8th, to be published.
- Diagnostic error: A contribution to the discourse regarding the distinction between act and omission in cases of diagnostic error, as well as to the determination of the diagnostic duty of diligence. (Diagnostischer Irrtum: Ein Beitrag zur Problematik der Abgrenzung von Tun und Unterlassen beim ärztlichen Diagnosefehler sowie zur Bestimmung der strafrechtlichen Sorgfaltsanforderungen hinsichtlich der ärztlichen Diagnose), PhD Thesis, to be published.
- Overview of the Greek legal framework in relation to bribery and corruption, (Bribery and Corruption), 2022, (with Ovvadias Namias and Vasileios Petropoulos), 9th ed., (2022), Global Legal Insights (GLI), Global Legal Group, pages 89-98.
- Trends and Developments in the Greek Anti-Corruption Legislation (with Ovvadias Namias and Vasileios Petropoulos), Chambers and Partners, 2019, 2021 and 2022.
- “Key developments related to anti-corruption legislation and investigations in Greece”, Publication in Anti-Corruption 2021, Global interview panel led by Miller & Chevallier Chartered, Lexology – Getting the Deal Through (2021), (with Ovvadias Namias and Vasileios Petropoulos), pages 85-101.
- “Key developments related to anti-corruption legislation and investigations in Greece”, Publication in Anti-Corruption 2020, Global interview panel led by Miller & Chevallier Chartered, Lexology – Getting the Deal Through (2020), (with Ovvadias Namias and Vasileios Petropoulos), pages 109-123.
- Medically assisted reproduction I, Introductory Remarks, Art. 26 Law 3305/2005, in: Pavlou/Samios, Supplementary penal provisions, 7th, September 2021.
- The breadth of the requested individual’s judicial right to be heard versus the formal check principle within Article 11 el. g’ inst. j) of Law 3251/2004 (European Arrest Warrant), Nova Criminalia issue 13, July 2021.
Casual link and protective purpose of the norm concerning cases of medical negligence, Decision of the Supreme Court of Cassation 472/2014, Penal Chronicles 2016, (Poinika Chronika), p. 496 et. seq.